Missionary buddies

Missionary buddies

Saturday, July 13, 2013

First full week in the MTC


Hey everyone!
Sorry my email last week was kind of short, we didn't have a whole lot of email time last week, but I'm hoping this time I can have a little bit more. I'm sitting right now in the laundry room, so I hope everything I right makes sense, because it's kind of chaotic.
I can't remember everything I've written home about, so I'll just tell you about everything I can think of. The MTC has definitely been one of the biggest growing experiences of my life! I've learned more this last week about the gospel and how to teach it than any other time in my life. This week, Elder Wilson and I had our TRC investigator role plays, which is where actors come and we teach them the gospel as if they've never heard it before. One of them, Carlos, was awesome! He was like the golden investigator. We invited him to be baptized the first lesson, and he accepted! He probably taught us more than we could have ever taught him. We shared 3 Nephi 27: I Think verse 19 and 20 about being baptized and having our garments washed in the blood of the Lamb, and asked him what he thought it meant. And he said, "that is beautiful! It's saying if I am baptized I can be spotless, and I want that." Way cool experience. Our other TRC investigators name was Daniel, and we struggled even getting in his door. But when we finally got in, he told us about a bunch of trials he'd been having with drinking, and his family. As we taught him, the Spirit was WAY strong. It's crazy that the Lord is willing to give us missionaries the Spirit so strongly, even when we're just role playing.
There's so much that's happened this week, there's no way I can tell you about all of it, but it was incredible. I've learned and focused so much more on the Doctrine of Christ while here which is "to come unto Christ... through faith in Jesus Christ and His atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end." It's really what the focus is on here in the MTC, and what our focus as missionaries should be. To help others come unto Christ, there's nothing cooler than that!
Our district here at the MTC is awesome. All of us get along so well, and it kinda stinks that we do, because the rest of the Elders, besides Elder Wilson and I, are going to California, so I'll definitely miss them. Our teachers are awesome and inspired. We've taught one of our teachers, Brother Hitchcock, as a progressing investigator, or role plays that build off of each other. We've both learned a lot from that.
I leave on Tuesday morning for the field!
Love,
Elder Tom Hill
PS I hope this email made sense, because I'm in a rush, but the main thing is I've had a great week. I love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment