Missionary buddies

Missionary buddies

Monday, March 10, 2014

Another week in Fishers

First of all, I am so sorry that this has not been up to date. I took on way too much this semester and unfortunately this was low on my priority list, but I will try to be better, because I know that you all love to hear about Tom and I love posting his emails. Please write him!! ~ Paul Hill


Hey everyone!
First of all, I have to say that I am wearing a short sleeve shirt today! It's almost 50 degrees, so I decided to wear one. It's warming up slowly, but surely.
Another week has flown by, I feel like I was just barely emailing home.... We had some successes this week. Tuesday we had a lesson with our Less-Active member, Steve, that we've been consistently working with. He's doing well, and he even came to church yesterday! First time since we've been here, and he even did it the Sunday of daylight savings time. Tuesday night, we also had a dinner with him and met his non-member girlfriend. They made us some really good food and we watched Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration while we ate. They loved it! He's doing super good, it's exciting.
We had a Zone Meeting this week that I learned a lot from. Our Zone Leaders are awesome! I always learn a bunch from them. Elder Smith taught me the importance of consistency in obedience and dilligence, and ways to be a more Christ-like leader.  I've had great examples through my mission and my life of great Christ-like leaders and I always just hope I can be that kind of example.
On Saturday, we helped the Sisters do a church tour with one of their investigators, and he ended up just wanting to argue and bash with us. I told him that all he needs to do is find out for himself if the Book of Mormon is true by studying it and praying about it. I don't understand why some people make it so complicated. I've really learned that the Book of Mormon is the keystone to our religion. and is convincing evidence that Jesus Christ's gospel has been restored.
We had a lesson with Mark this weekend, and he's started to get a testimony of the Book of Mormon. It's been really cool to watch. When we give him a reading assignment he reads it a few times over, and Saturday we committed him to start at the beginning and just read the Book of Mormon. He was really excited about that.
Yesterday we saw some miracles. Well... I didn't because I was really sick and wasn't able to go to church. Mom, do you remember that time I got sick after Foot Locker my Junior year when I called you at work and told you I thought I was going to die? I felt about like that.... haha, but the good news is that I feel a lot better today. Like I said, Steve was able to go to church which was great. Elder Havertz went with Elder Sabin, one of the 2nd ward elders to church and were able to see Steve there. Elder Sabin had like 6 hours of church yesterday, poor guy. And then at night there was a fireside with Steven Covey's brother, that we invited Mark to. He went and I guess he had a great time. Elder Havertz went with Elder Esplin to that, the other Elder in our apartment.
I've now been in Fishers over 2 months, it's crazy how fast the time flies. I've learned a lot in this area. It's probably been the most unproductive time on my mission so far just because of the weather and the way the ward is, but it's made me stretch to try to still have success. Like Elder Smith, our Zone Leader says, we have success through our character, not our circumstances. We can rise above our circumstances. Especially when we use the enabling power of the Atonement in our lives. My testimony of the Atonement, and what Christ did for us has grown this week. I can't even comprehend that He understands and knows me, and knows all of us!
Well, I hope you all have a great week. I love you all!
Love,
Elder Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment